Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I Thought I Would Die

            One time, in fourth grade, I was climbing in a friend’s playground/tree house/jungle gym/swing set. She specifically told me not to use the rope on the climbing wall, because it was not very strong. I laughed and thought, whatever. I pulled on it, and it was fun, so started to climb. But even though I normally climb without using any ropes, I was leaning all the way back, holding onto the rope, with only my feet on the climbing wall, just to make a point. I got to the top, and made a remark on how I was fine. Then I leaned back and… snap. The rope broke and I fell from the top of the playground/tree house/jungle gym/swing set. I remember lying on my back and screaming, wondering if I would die. It turned out I just bruised a rib, and know I am terrified of heights.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my god! That sounds really scary, I'm glad you didn't die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Wow! That sounds terrifying! OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, I actually thought you would break something. I'm glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really scary. Hopefully you'll listen to your friend next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This sounds really scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I broke my arm once, but didn't feel nearly as panicked as you did. I'm glad you only bruised a rib. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete